Careers at Calysta
Calysta is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA. The company is a leader in the development of advanced synthetic biology to create the building blocks of high value sustainable products including nutritionals, industrial materials and consumer products. We bring together capabilities in gene synthesis, computational design, and protein and pathway engineering. Join our team and build the future with us. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calysta is facing a very exciting time with increased activity and the establishment of our FeedKind Market Introduction Facility at the Wilton Centre, Teesside. We seek a fermentation specialist that will contribute to our team in order to further develop the Calysta technology platform. It is ex-pected that you will be a structured individual, and will have good analytical capabilities, be confi-dent, flexible and proactive.
Calysta will be hiring one Research Assistant for our team, with expertise in:
- Microbial fermentation
- Chemical and biological analytics
The candidate will have chemical or biological background and experience with microbial fermen-tation, sample extraction and analysis using a variety of different methods and tools. The role will require a B.Sc. in fermentation, chemistry, microbiology, molecular biology or related field, with experience of handling fermentation processes and associated analytics. The candidate must be able to work both independently and within a small team environment. It will also during production campaigns be necessary to work outside normal working hours.
Join our team and build the future with us. Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “UK Research Assistant”.
- Being part of a team running and maintenance of laboratory type fermentation equipment and associated analytical equipment
- Performing fermentation/ microbiology experiments and associated chemical analysis.
- General lab duties, media and reagent preparation
- Other duties assigned by the management
- Education: B.Sc. chemistry, microbial fermentation, or molecular biology with a focus on analytics of microbial fermentations
- Experience: At least 2 years experience within fermentation, microbiology, and molecular biology in an academic or industrial setting. Sound understaning of laboratory general health and safety procedures.
- Good cooperation with colleagues
- Analytical mind
- Ability to communicate with other departments
- Result and solution focused
- Willing to work outside normal working hours
Calysta can offer
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- A committed, high-energy environment in which to work
- Work with highly motivated and skilled colleagues
Microbiology Laboratory Scientist/Analyst
Calysta is facing a very exciting time with increased activity and the establishment of our FeedKind Market Introduction Facility at the Wilton Centre, Teesside. We seek an individual that will con-tribute to our R&D in order to further develop the Calysta technology platform. It is expected that you will have excellent scientific skills, be confident, flexible and proactive. Additionally, we re-quire candidates who can demonstrate a proven track record in building cooperative relationships and who are able to work strategically and operationally.
Calysta will be hiring a scientist, with experience in Microbiology / molecular biology
The candidate will have a broad analytical background and experience with biological sample ex-traction and analysis using a variety of different methods and tools. The job holders will also be re-sponsible for equipment maintenance and assay execution, as well as data analysis, and results in-terpretation and presentation. The role will require a B.Sc. / M.Sc. in microbiology, molecular biol-ogy or related field. The candidates must be able to work both independently and within a small team environment.
Join our team and build the future with us. Interested candidates should send their CV and cover let-ter to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “UK Analytics”
• Responsible for testing of raw materials, intermediates and finished product
• Responsible for monitoring the microbiology quality and safety of the manufacturing pro-cess.
• Responsible for routine tasks required to support lab activities
• Identifying microorganisms using a range of microbiological and molecular biology techniques
• Supporting all QC activities
• Responsible for running and maintenance of laboratory equipment
• Develop procedures for quality control within organisation, products, and laboratory analyt-ics
• Ensure lab cleanliness and safety standards are maintained.
• Approval of incoming materials,
• Responsible for developing and performing analytics for the release of product to customers
• In cooperation with colleagues, to develop and perform quality testing of product according to internal quality requirements
• Lead and participate in tasks within R&D and production
• Ensure that the company is using state of the art technology
• Other duties assigned by the management
• Education: B.Sc. / M.Sc. within microbiology, or molecular biology with a focus on analyt-ics of microbial fermentations
• Experience: At least 2 years experience within microbiology and molecular biology in an academic or company environment
• Good cooperation with colleagues
• Analytical mind
• Ability to communicate with other departments
• Result and solution focused
• Willing to work outside normal working hours
• Willing to travel
Calysta can offer
• A competitive salary and benefits package
• A committed, high-energy environment in which to work
• Work with highly motivated and skilled colleagues