Careers at Calysta
Calysta is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA. The company is a leader in the development of advanced synthetic biology to create the building blocks of high value sustainable products including nutritionals, industrial materials and consumer products. We bring together capabilities in gene synthesis, computational design, and protein and pathway engineering. Join our team and build the future with us. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Microbiology Laboratory Scientist/Analyst
Calysta is an innovator in sustainable products to improve worldwide food security. Calysta is developing and commercialising FeedKind® protein, a sustainable and traceable alternative feed ingredient for fish, livestock and pet nutritional products. Produced via a natural fermentation, FeedKind® is non-GMO and price-competitive with existing sources of protein.
Calysta applies proprietary biological and chemical engineering technologies to create both valuable cost and performance related advantages.
Calysta’s core gas fermentation technology platform combines sophisticated biological engineering with a suite of unique, market-leading reactor technologies to enable commercial-scale production of Calysta’s FeedKind® protein and future products.
The company has developed a broad international portfolio of patents to protect its proprietary technology. In addition, Calysta continues to actively file applications on new technologies and products across species and markets.
We are looking for a candidate with exceptional technical skills and experience to become a key contributor to our microbiology group. Join our team and build the future with us.
- Monitoring the microbiology quality and safety of the manufacturing process
- Testing raw materials, intermediates and finished product
- Identifying microorganisms using a range of microbiological and molecular biology techniques
- Preparing microbial cell banks for manufacturing and R&D
- Developing, implementing and validating microbiological and molecular biology methods
- Developing procedures for quality control within organisation, products, and laboratory analytics
- Data analysis to form conclusions and plan future experimental work
- Routine tasks required to support lab activities including but not restricted to autoclaving, general lab housekeeping, stock maintenance, running and maintaining laboratory equipment
- Ensuring lab cleanliness and safety standards are maintained
- Lead and participate in tasks within R&D and production
- Degree in Microbiology or Molecular Biology
- At least 2 years’ experience within microbiology and molecular biology in a manufacturing or academic environment
- GMP experience preferred
- Broad analytical background
- Excellent verbal and communication
- Ability to collaborate cross-functions with engineers, scientists and operators.
- Self-motivated, proactive and flexible in a fast-moving environment
- Analytically minded, result and solution focussed
- Willing to work outside normal working hours
- Willingness to travel
Calysta is a small, fast growing ambitious company where individual contributions are valued and rewarded. It is an exciting, high energy place to work with highly motivated, skilled colleagues.
Compensation and benefits package will be competitive
The position will be based in Teesside, UK.