Careers at Calysta
Calysta is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA. The company is a leader in the development of advanced synthetic biology to create the building blocks of high value sustainable products including nutritionals, industrial materials and consumer products. We bring together capabilities in gene synthesis, computational design, and protein and pathway engineering. Join our team and build the future with us. Contact us at email@example.com.
Calysta is facing a very exciting time with increased activity and the establishment of our FeedKind Market Introduction Facility at the Wilton Centre, Teesside. We seek a fermentation specialist that will contribute to our team in order to further develop the Calysta technology platform. It is ex-pected that you will be a structured individual, and will have good analytical capabilities, be confi-dent, flexible and proactive.
Calysta will be hiring one Research Assistant for our team, with expertise in:
- Microbial fermentation
- Chemical and biological analytics
The candidate will have chemical or biological background and experience with microbial fermen-tation, sample extraction and analysis using a variety of different methods and tools. The role will require a B.Sc. in fermentation, chemistry, microbiology, molecular biology or related field, with experience of handling fermentation processes and associated analytics. The candidate must be able to work both independently and within a small team environment. It will also during production campaigns be necessary to work outside normal working hours.
Join our team and build the future with us. Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “UK Research Assistant”.
- Being part of a team running and maintenance of laboratory type fermentation equipment and associated analytical equipment
- Performing fermentation/ microbiology experiments and associated chemical analysis.
- General lab duties, media and reagent preparation
- Other duties assigned by the management
- Education: B.Sc. chemistry, microbial fermentation, or molecular biology with a focus on analytics of microbial fermentations
- Experience: At least 2 years experience within fermentation, microbiology, and molecular biology in an academic or industrial setting. Sound understaning of laboratory general health and safety procedures.
- Good cooperation with colleagues
- Analytical mind
- Ability to communicate with other departments
- Result and solution focused
- Willing to work outside normal working hours
Calysta can offer
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- A committed, high-energy environment in which to work
- Work with highly motivated and skilled colleagues